It takes all kinds to make a flock. Sandy is a cuddly sweetheart, while Galadriel prefers her space. Elsa likes to make new friends, and Roberto is always planning his next adventure. Meanwhile, George is happiest when cozying up at home. All are ambassadors for the 68 million turkeys slaughtered during the fall and winter holiday season each year. At Farm Sanctuary, these beloved turkeys are our guests of honor rather than a centerpiece. May their stories inspire a more just and compassionate world for all beings.
Each Farm Sanctuary Adopt a Turkey sponsorship:
- Arrives with a digital certificate with a photo and details about the adopted turkey.
- Provides an optional print certificate with a photo and details about the adopted turkey — great for displaying on your holiday table.
- Offers our deepest thanks for supporting our rescue, education, and advocacy work on behalf of turkeys and other farm animals.
- All donors will receive one digital certificate (in both PDF and JPG formats) and one graphic to share on social media for the turkey(s) they adopt.
- Digital certificates are sent via email overnight on the day your order is placed.
- Print certificates are sent via USPS First Class Mail and are not trackable.
- You will receive the print version by mail and the digital version via email.
- Please allow 10 business days for mail delivery. They are mailed separately from all other shop items.
- We are only able to ship to a single address per order.
- If you need to send adoption certificates to multiple addresses, please submit separate orders.
- Your billing information can be saved by creating an account with us during checkout or by going to our Registration Page.
About Farm Sanctuary’s Adopt a Turkey Project
Each year during the November and December holidays, the United States slaughters 68 million turkeys for food. Most live in confinement on factory farms and endure painful mutilations, including debeaking and toe removal procedures without anesthesia. These living, feeling individuals deserve so much better.
Since 1986, Farm Sanctuary’s Adopt a Turkey Project has encouraged people to sponsor a rescued turkey instead of eating one. By highlighting the unique personalities of turkeys — while also revealing the abuse they face in a food system that harms animals, workers, communities, and our planet — this beloved campaign has reached millions of people with a message of compassion. For a one-time donation of $35, you can symbolically adopt a rescued turkey living at Farm Sanctuary — and for $150, you can sponsor this year’s featured flock.
Overall Customer Rating of 2 Reviews: