The Flock Advocate
From the very beginning, the three pillars of Farm Sanctuary's mission have been rescue, educate, and advocacy.” As a Flock Advocate, you will play a critical role in sustaining our mission. Our flock of rescued turkeys goes beyond the five turkeys featured this holiday, and your compassionate support allows us to continue care for all of them. Your sponsorship helps us show the world their true beauty and personalities, as we speak up for those still exploited in animal agriculture.
At Farm Sanctuary, we fight against the worst harms of factory farming and lead bold reforms to “build the good” – just, sustainable food systems with no animal exploitation.
Your Flock Advocate sponsorship includes:
- A special “Flock Advocate” adoption certificate (all donors receive a digital version, and you can include an optional printed certificate as well).
- A commemorative 2023 Adopt a Turkey mug (only available as a Flock Advocate gift).
- Your invitation to join an exclusive conversation with Farm Sanctuary President and Co-founder Gene Baur.
The conversation with Gene Baur will be a virtual event held on December 2, 2023 at 1:00 p.m. ET. You will receive an email with the invite link after your donation has been processed.
Certificate and mug will ship separately.
- All donors will receive one digital certificate (in both PDF and JPG formats) for the turkey(s) they adopt, along with graphics and a video to share on social media.
- Digital certificates are sent via email overnight on the day your order is placed.
- Print certificates are sent via USPS First Class Mail and are not trackable.
- You will receive the print version by mail and the digital version via email.
- Please allow 10 business days for mail delivery. They are mailed separately from all other shop items.
- We are only able to ship to a single address per order.
- If you need to send adoption certificates to multiple addresses, please submit separate orders.
- Your billing information can be saved by creating an account with us during checkout or by going to our Registration Page.
About Farm Sanctuary’s Adopt a Turkey Project
Each year during Thanksgiving, the United States slaughters 46 million turkeys for meat. Most live in confinement on factory farms and endure painful mutilations, including debeaking and toe removal procedures without anesthesia. These living, feeling individuals deserve so much better.
Since 1986, Farm Sanctuary’s Adopt a Turkey Project has encouraged people to symbolically adopt a rescued turkey at Thanksgiving instead of eating one. By highlighting the unique personalities and intelligence of turkeys — while also revealing the abuse they face in a food system that harms animals, workers, communities, and our planet — this beloved campaign has reached millions of people with a message of compassion. For a one-time donation of $35, you can symbolically adopt a rescued turkey living at Farm Sanctuary — and for $150, you can sponsor this year’s featured flock.
Plus: This year, we’re introducing the Flock Advocate package! This $500 gift comes with a special Flock Advocate certificate, a commemorative 2023 Adopt a Turkey mug, and an invitation to be part of an exclusive conversation with Farm Sanctuary President and Co-Founder Gene Baur.